Saturday, August 30, 2008

spa night

We all know how some of these home based businesses are run...someone tells a friend they are selling a product, someone asks friend to hold party friend asks you to go to party, then someone asks you to have a party so your friend gets more stuff. Well, in some cases that just isn't true, or should I say in my case last night. I had several friends come over for what was supposed to be a relaxing "spa night" full of facials, mini manicures and pedicures, and a meditation period with calming music and all. Being a mom sure takes a lot of energy, and we all know that we could use moments of peace and quiet. So in this rare occasion of quiet in the living room we attempted the impossible...to RELAX. We got, oh, about 1 minute into the meditation and the sliding glass door comes flying open with Baylor panting and his nails tapping the floors, 3 girls giggling and talking at decibels that shouldn't be spoken at in the house. Immediately all of us moms started laughing because we all knew it was too good to be true. Then on cue, baby Sydney woke up and started screaming and did that for what seemed like an hour. I was so frazzled by the time everyone left that I forgot I needed to order beauty products. The lady was giving me the run down on specials and products and I was really not paying much attention. So I ended up getting "the special" which turns out to be the sign up package to be a consultant of the company. Oh well, I still get some great products and after calling her today, she said that I don't have to end up being active. GREAT!!
So what was supposed to be a night of relaxation ended up like romper room. Moral of this story...Moms don't get to RELAX so don't try this at home (well at least with kids around).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice try Mags! Maybe next time you'll have better luck!

Emilee Wolters said...

Maggie-
I am so glad that you have joined the dark side! Blog does suck you in...but I love being able to keep up with friends (like you) that are so far away...check us out... www.rewolters02.blogspot.com

Emilee

DeGooyer Family said...

YAY! I'm so glad you have a blog now. =) It looks great!

Unknown said...

Hooray for having a blog! That looks like so much fun! Wish we were closer and we would have watched the girls!

Berrett's said...

Wahoo on the blog! Now I can keep tabs on ya! ;) That stinks you didn't get the full relaxation you needed but at least you got some? hehe. Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Tina

Garrison Propaganda said...

what! i just found your blog through amys. im adding you to ours if you dong mind. email me if you want an invite to ours--its private! ohhhh im so sad i missed spa night. too much happened while we were out of town!