Saturday, March 14, 2009

NEW CAR!

After 2 failed attempts of buying new vans, Greg bagged the Odyssey's and moved on to bigger and better things...SUBURBANS! He started looking at them on Auto Trader and called on a few. One that he called had already been sold by the dealer, but they said they were getting another one in the following week. When it came in they called Greg and we headed up to Cleveland to look at it knowing that we were 99% sure we were going to get it. As long as there wasn't major body damage and the car didn't smell like smoke. Luck was on our side this time. We already did the negotiation over the phone, Greg had a check printed out, so it didn't take hours upon hours like it normally does to buy a car. Greg drove the beast home with Brooklyn, and I drove the van with Sydney and London. Of course London was a little upset she had to come with me in the van, but I told her I would pick her up from school in the new car the next day and she wouldn't have to ride the bus home. That did the trick. She doesn't enjoy the bus so that was a good incentive to ride home with me.
I asked Greg if he had buyer's remorse, but he said not at all. We are very happy with our purchase and I am sure even at the gas pump we will still be just fine. Let's hope it doesn't get up to $4 a gallon.



We got a 2005 Chevy Suburban Z71-Color -Silver Birch. As you can see, it is loaded. The must have feature for me is the DVD system. I was so sick of having the portable ones in the van and having the cords all over. Now this has the wireless headphones for each girl. Now only if Greg would share with me and let me drive it, I could tell you how well it drives :) I think this will suit our family great for years to come!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new car. We got a Honda Pilot used last year with the DVD system and now I don't know what I would do without it. It's such a lifesaver. I know you'll love it!

christy said...

By the way, that last post was from me but I guess I was signed into Ryan's account on accident.

--Christy

Hansen Family said...

It's always fun to get a new car!! I like it!

George Jetson said...

Great job! This is an excellent example of how the 'net has put power in the hands of the consumer.

It's a beautiful vehicle and I hope it serves you well for many years.

With new vehicles and two kids I think you will appreciate a website I used daily, iShopSummit.com.

You find coupons there for all sorts of things all over Summit County - including the Akron Zoo - and there are lots of breakfast, lunch and dinner coupons.

Keep an eye out for the person cashing in an iShop coupons next time you're out to eat, it just might be me.

Garrison Propaganda said...

whooo-eeee! so this is the beast everyones been talking about. man, no way your girls can reach each other now to harass each other. way to go on the upgrade! hows parking it going?

k so after looking at bargain hunter...im guessing its just a random person posting on your site b/c its not private. but then again....maybe not.

The Oxborrow Fam said...

Congrats on the new car. I wish I would have known you were car hunting. I have a 2006 Eddie Bauer Ford Expedition for sale. You will love the entertainment system. It has saved me many times. Hope all is well with you and the fam. Take care. Drop me a line sometime. We miss you.

-Jen

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW! Congrats on the new wheels! =)

Berrett's said...

Congrats on the new ride! Yah that will be a fun one to park! :)Nice and roomy though and i'm a little jealous about the dvd players and all!! Looks like a great suburban...wahoo!

I've been scrapbooking...you'd be proud of me. Always seem to think of you when I scrapbook. :)Miss you guys. Hope you are doing well. :)

tina